Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cosmetic industry conspiracy

  I have actually learned to look in the mirror and not vomit. I accept the fact that my face has seen a lot and most of it in the blazing sun. So I spruce it up with layers of camouflage and various anti-aging creams, lotions, bases and powders. Then I get to the eyeshadow part. I look very carefully at the photo of the model on the front cover of my eyeshadow. It even comes with very handy and helpful instructions. This is particularly helpful for those of us who grew up in the era of roll-on Dr. Pepper lip smackers and blue eyeshadow. How hard can this be? So I apply the frosted eyeshadow under the brow for 'highlighting'. Yippee! Now my wrinkles that were hiding in the crease of my increasingly drooping eyelid are HIGH lighted!! Such genius. It really is a plot to make those of us born in the last millenium look even older. Well played.
   Why do I suddenly feel like baby Jane  in the Bette Davis movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment